HCA Healthcare is a collaborative healthcare network, driven by physicians, nurses, and colleagues helping one another champion the practice of medicine to give people a healthier tomorrow. With a comprehensive network of more than 275,000 people across 2,000 care facilities, our scale enables us to deliver great outcomes for our patients, provide superior nursing care, and be a preferred place for physicians to practice medicine.
We never stop in our pursuit of insights and care advances based on the knowledge and data we gain from an unparalleled 32 million+ patient encounters a year. Every day, we raise the bar to improve the way healthcare is delivered, not just in our facilities, but everywhere. We’re committed to improving more lives in more ways, and above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life.
HCA Healthcare Employee Benefits
HCA Healthcare provides a competitive benefits package to support all areas of your life.
HCA Healthcare offers the following medical plan options, so you can select the plan that works best for your needs:
- Essential Plan
- Well Care Level 1 or Level A Plan
- Well Care Level 2 or Level B Plan
- Well Care Level 3 or Level C Plan
(available in some locations)
- Local HMO or POS Plan (available
in some locations)
- Primary care physician office visits
- Urgent care or walk-in clinic (if available)
- Outpatient & inpatient hospital services
(facility charges only)
- Emergency services (facility charges only)
- Non-preferred generic prescription drugs
All Well Care plans cover office visits, inpatient and outpatient care and prescriptions. They differ in the amount you pay for coverage, your cost when you receive care and how care is covered (e.g., in-network versus out-of-network).
Free healthcare & preferred generic drugs
- If you enroll in a Well Care Plan, you get the following care for FREE:
- In-network, office-based preventive care (like mammograms and wellness
- Preferred generic prescription drugs
- AirMed Medical Transport to an HCA Healthcare facility if you or your covered
dependent is hospitalized more than 150 miles from home
- Unlimited telemedicine medical and behavioral health visits through Doctor On Demand, if available
Low copays for common services
- You’ll have access to these healthcare services for a copay (a low, fixed price) when you use HCA Healthcare facilities and in-network providers:
For other healthcare services, you pay the full allowable amount until you reach your deductible. Then, you pay coinsurance (a percentage of the allowable amount), and the plan pays the rest.
All colleagues at HCA Healthcare facilities are eligible to enroll in the MetLife Dental PPO Plan. At some facilities, you may also have a Dental HMO option.
MetLife Dental PPO Plan
Under the PPO plans, you may choose any dentist you like, but you receive provider discounts when you use a MetLife PDP Plus network dentist.
Dental HMO Plan
Dental HMOs have fewer out-of-pocket expenses, but you must use providers in the network to receive any plan benefits. The Dental HMOs offered to HCA Healthcare colleagues vary by location.
Prepare for your financial future with Remotiv
HCA 401(k) Plan participants may be eligible for Remotiv, a benefit that lets you:
- See your Retirement Readiness Score
- Find ways to increase your 401(k) Plan savings
- Get help with your personalized investment strategy
- Take the stress out of retirement planning
Optum financial resources
You will also have access to free financial tools and resources that can help you plan for the future or recover when setbacks happen. The program gives you access to independent investment strategies, budgeting, goal setting, emergency financial guidance and more.
HCA Healthcare preferred banking partners
As an HCA Healthcare colleague, you will be able to take advantage of waived fees, consumer loans, mortgage discounts, financial wellbeing and wealth management counselors and more with our preferred banking partners:
- Bank of America
- HCA Healthcare Credit Union Provided by BCU
The 401(k) Plan
The 401(k) Plan combines contributions from your facility with your own contributions to help you save for the future. Your facility provides a 100% annual match on your contribution (from 3% to 9% of pay). That means for every $1 you contribute, your facility contributes $1 (up to your matching level).
To receive the annual match, you must be employed by an HCA Healthcare facility on Dec. 31 and receive pay for at least 1,000 hours of service during the plan year.
You may contribute from 1% to 50% of your before-tax pay through payroll deductions, up to the IRS maximum. You can choose how you invest the money in your account based on your tolerance for risk and how involved you want to be in managing your account.
Vesting refers to when you own the rights to money in your account. You are always 100% vested in your personal contributions to the Plan. You vest 20% in matching contributions after two years of service then vest an additional 20% for every subsequent year of service. You are 100% vested in matching contributions after six years.
Automatic 401(k) Plan enrollment
If you are a newly eligible colleague, you will be automatically enrolled in the 401(k) Plan on the first day following two months of service. Your contribution amount will begin at 3% of pay, and your facility will match 100% of your automatic contribution.
Your account balance will be invested in the Pre-Mixed 25-To-Go Fund. Each January, your contribution rate will automatically increase by 1%, unless you opt out of this feature. It’s a great way to increase your savings gradually, which can have a big impact on your retirement income.
Life and disability Benefits
Employee life insurance benefits
- Basic Term Life – Covers full-time colleagues at 1x your base pay and is provided by your facility, at no cost to you.
- Supplemental Term Life – Allows full-time and part-time colleagues to choose an additional amount of coverage, up to an amount equal to 8x your base pay. The price you pay for this coverage depends on your age and salary.
Dependent life insurance benefits
- If you enroll in employee life insurance, you may also choose dependent life insurance for an eligible spouse or partner and/or children.
Short-term disability benefits
Short-term disability benefits replace a percentage of your base pay if you are away from work for more than seven calendar days because of a personal, non-work related illness or injury. Coverage varies by location and may not apply to certain employed physicians.
Long-term disability (LTD) benefits
LTD coverage provides income protection if you become totally disabled and are unable to work for an extended period of time. LTD pays monthly benefits (at 50% or 60% of base pay, depending on your election) after you have been totally disabled for five months. You are automatically enrolled in the plan at the 60% coverage level unless you opt out or drop to the lower coverage level.